New guy with an old cart...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy with an old cart...

...and a problem that I've just posted to the EZGO Gas forum. I use this cart like a UTV on farm and woodland. The serial number says it's a '96 TXT Workhorse, but it's got a body like a Marathon. I'll post some photos.

heloo, I am sure some one will be along shortly that can help you out
    IF WE CAN'T HELP OTHERS THEN WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE WE
    sigpic

Comment

to GCF cesolo!
      You have a Workhorse body and it is different from the Marathon body.
      Updated by dougmcp; January 19, 2012, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Post up your serial number here!!

Colton

Comment

Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
          to GCF cesolo!
          You have a Workhorse body and it is different from the Marathon body.
          There's an interesting story there. Well, it's interesting to me anyway. I tried to buy leaf springs for the front based on the S/N which said it was a 1996 Gas GXT804D Truck which supposedly is a Workhorse. They sent the right springs for a workhorse but they were the wrong springs for the cart. It needed the leaf springs for a Marathon. Somebody may have done some kind of conversion on it in the past. I don't have the history. It has a metal body like a Marathon or Medalist. The nameplate is located under the dash on the passenger side like a Marathon, but the EZGO site says the Marathon wasn't built after '93.

The picture below doesn't look like the Workhorse shown on the EZGO site. http://www.shopezgo.com/customer-ser...ialNumber.html

It looks like a raised Marathon with headlights, a bench seat and a cab added.

The S/N is A38937.

Either the official EZGo parts website is wrong or it just doesnt show GXT804D or like I said, somebody else modified it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Awesome cart cesolo, also welcome to the Golf Carts Forum! Nice cart! I like the inclosure, is there heat in there too?
            Regards

Comment

The Workhorse XT was available in 3 wheel and 4 wheel versions.
              I don't have any photos of the 96 models but here are some from 1991/1992.
              It's anybodies guess how much factory overlap there is in model changes vs year. I think you have a stock Workhorse but it may have older parts than your serial number indicates.
              Here's what I have on the Workhorse:
              Click on photo to enlarge.
              Attached Files
              Updated by dougmcp; January 19, 2012, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Posted earlier by Matti View Post
                Awesome cart cesolo, also welcome to the Golf Carts Forum! Nice cart! I like the inclosure, is there heat in there too?
                Thanks. Nope, no heat. There haven't been many times when I wanted it though. If the sun is shining it gets pretty hot in there, but the doors come off really easily for summer use. In the winter, it's not very good in snow any deeper than 5" so I get around on my tractor (which I often wish had a cab that nice). The rest of the year, the trips are usually pretty short. All that weight raises the center of gravity so it gets kind of tippy on sideslopes. I usually leave the doors off unless I'm expecting rain.

Comment

Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
                  The Workhorse XT was available in 3 wheel and 4 wheel versions.
                  I don't have any photos of the 96 models but here are some from 1991/1992.
                  It's anybodies guess how much factory overlap there is in model changes vs year. I think you have a stock Workhorse but it may have older parts than your serial number indicates.
                  Here's what I have on the Workhorse:
                  Click on photo to enlarge.
                  Thanks. I guess the shopezgo website just doesn't show the XT and GXT models, but I'm guessing they were based on the Marathon body and just beefed up. It sure makes ordering parts interesting, especially without a manual.

Comment

Posted earlier by cesolo View Post
                    It sure makes ordering parts interesting, especially without a manual.
                    I can email you the 91-92 parts manual if that would be any help.
                    If you want it send me a PM with your email address and I will send you one.

Comment

Welcome aboard!
                      Wish I could help you but I don't know anything on the gas carts! I'm all sparky.
                      I know the Marothons in the electric side started earlier than 93. I had a 1989 model. I ordered work horse front srings for it to get the front wheels from scrubbing. I had 23" tires on it.

Updated by andy4639; January 19, 2012, 11:09 PM.
                      sigpic
                      I'm here to help!
                      There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      X