newbie 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie 1

just signed up to get some help trying to lift my club car to put on lights.
    some rule says i need 5 posts. this is #1.
    what i will do is 5 repeats to qualify, sorry i wouldn't like that done but today is the day i have to work on the cart and i have no time for other postings. being a new member i will no doubt post and comment here and there but its to the task at hand. sorry moderator. i need the diagram.
    http://www.golfcart-forums.com/golf-...g-diagram.html

to GCF tkalter.
    You say you have a club car that you are trying to put lights on.
    Is the cart Gas or Electric?
    If it's electric, what voltage is the cart 36v or 48v?
    Do you also need to know how to jack the cart up or install a lift kit?

Comment

???

Welcome to the forum anyway TK

Matti
      Regards

Comment

Jacking was to have room under to work and with a aluminum frame i was skeptical. However with the aid of 4 stands and a floor jack it is now at a workable height. it is a gas cart that came with lights, adding turn signals. would like to lift kit it in the future.

Comment

Good to see you figured out how to jack it up.
          Lift kits are made by many people and some even make their own.
          The ones that I would recommend are either from Jakes Lifts or AllSports Lifts.
          Google either of them to get their websites.
          Updated by dougmcp; January 23, 2012, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Allsports FTW!!!!!!! Mentioning making 5 useless posts will not get you to the diagrams. Just trying to help your cause

Colton

Comment

Thank you Colton. It is unfortunate the board has the rule of 5 for if a chap like myself needed some Good information found on the board he would be in a sand trap so to speak.

But again Thanks.
              Updated by tkalter; January 30, 2012, 03:04 PM.

Comment

You're at 6 posts now, have you seen any of the info that you were looking for?

Comment

yes i was able to access the diagram on the link i posted. i was spot on in my logical approach. and have spent a few hours crawling around under, over, inside and out running the wire harness. i will have more questions after i get all the new electric installed. i do appreciate the view and a chat place. fyi will try to post a couple of photos tomorrow.
                  thanks to all who contributed help full words.

Comment

We are standing by waiting for your photos and questions.

Comment

Questions.....
                      Well Gentlemen, I have been up since 5am on the pc. finished my wiring of a 0970 chris wire harness at 6pm last night. Shower, dinner and bed. I may be a newbie here but im a old fart with bad knees and climbing around that car took its toll. Photos will be posted today (left camera in the garage) Bottom line HUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM!
                      2 photos attached.
                      When i connected the battery to test with the headlight switch "on" all turn signals, flashers etc worked. YES! i thought good job........then i turned off the headlight switch and i lost all rear turn signal lights (fronts work just no rears)
                      So i have been going over this wire diagram in my sleep and now on the internet with no luck
                      so today's project is to drive myself nuts trying to find the problem that i think might originate from the manufactured headlight relay module.

Any suggestions Gentlemen?
                      Attached Files

Comment

First question, do the tail lights have 2 connections or 3?
                        The tail lights require 2 separate filaments, 1 for lights and 1 for brake/signal.

Comment

See photo link at the end

tail lights have 3 leeds BUT... are LED's.
                          found a notation on install guide, (wish i could have posted that, cant find a link for same)
                          "if small lights or LED lights are used for the turn signal lights they may not have enough resistance for the flasher to function" ..."An electronic flasher will offer a wider range of working resistance and may solve this problem"

SO does anyone have experience with the ("electronic flasher") or do i get new tail lights

photo link

http://s1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj593/tkalter/

Thanks to all!
                          Updated by tkalter; February 1, 2012, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Nice job on the install!
                            Based on your photos you seem to know your way around electrical and a meter.
                            If your signal lights work at all then you shouldn't need an electronic flasher. There is probably enough resistance from the front bulbs to take care of the resistance you require.
                            LED lights are polarity sensitive and will not work if reversed.
                            With the headlights on and when you turn the switch off the rear lights drop out indicates that you are either switching the polarity or dropping the ground somehow.
                            I would break the connection at the rear tails and test the voltages and polarity with the switch on and then again with the switch off.
                            I suspect that the headlight relay may be switching your polarity.

Comment

response.......
                              just tested.......
                              headlight switch on or off makes no difference in voltage
                              turn signal switch on 4v/dc to 12v/dc steady swing
                              checked polarity all correct

-------------
                              2/2 7:04
                              Well thanks to all I guess i will end the thread with this. must replace tail lights with LED's to get all to work. Thank you for all the good advice and comments.

end...for now!
                              Updated by tkalter; February 2, 2012, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              X