new to gulf carts forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to gulf carts forum

i was given a yamaha gulf cart a few months ago, and im finally getting around to being able to work on it .this is the first cart i have ever had the chance to work on so everything about it is new to me. i feel that im pretty good with mechanics in general, so i think ill be ok in this learning experiance .first off the battery compartment area was pretty much turned up side down so i havent had much to go on,as to how things were supposed be.so i really need a wiring diagram for me to get started with anything cuz im really wanting to start working on this thing and need that so i can start.any help would be greatly appreciated. as for myself i consider myself a mechanic, as everything i own that has a motor in it or has wheels for that matter i aquired it broke ,made a project out of it and fixed it .im a project man.

to GCF mechaniclife.
    It should be pretty simple to get you going if you have a little electrical and mechanical knowledge. Based on your logon name I would guess you posses those.
    Couple of things first, what model and year is your cart?

Comment

Welcome to the Golf Carts Forum!!!
      Regards

Comment

hello dougmcp, sorry i took so long on the reply to your reply, but i work nights as a conductor for union pacific rail road and i had sent my first post after working all night ,in fact that was a post that i sent after working an entire week of long 12hr. nights with short sleeps and i crashed after sending that post.mechaniclife comes from a t-shirt given to me for a present for my birthday and the t-shist said mechaniclifesnecessities, and i thought that word was so cool ,because the statement is so true. every thing we use,that is necessary for our every day life is full of mechanical devices, your car,boat four wheeler ,golf cart,lawn mower,weed eater,edger,blower, washing machine,drier,light switch,etc. from the moment we wake up, and start to go through our daily do's in life, we use something mechanical to make what were doing faster ,easier ,better, with out ever thinking that what were using, is always a mechanical device,and with that being said,all mechanical devices having moving parts, wears,and anything with parts that wear, will eventually break.which will then need repair ,(fixing), which is where the (mechanic) comes in to play.as long as we need mechanical devices we'll need mechanic's to keep them working properly.

Comment

Interesting comments on the mechanical insight, I can relate to that. I also fix everything that breaks in my house. There's not as much to do since my 5 kids finally moved out but I stay pretty busy with 2 boats, 2 cars, golf cart and various gas and electric powered indoor and outdoor products.
          I haven't ridden on a train for awhile so what does a conductor do these days?

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X