newbie could use some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie could use some advice

Hi all - I'm new to the forum. I came across this forum as I was doing internet searches looking for golf cart info. Quick intro - I live in PA, and am currently in the market for a decent used golf cart. My youngest son has some medical issues and getting him up on our 4-wheeler for rides is getting harder. He absolutely LOVES riding in golf carts, and if you ask him what he wants for Christmas all he will tell you is a golf cart. So...I find myself in the market with only a few weeks to go. I am not looking for anything fancy, just a nice, decent cart with enough power. I would be driving on hills pretty regularly where I live, and I want electric. In my searches, I've learned so far that if I go with EZGO, I should make sure it is a PDS which has more power. I've also been told that the Club Car Precedent series would do just fine as well. Can anyone help confirm these choices? Can you possibly let me know if a comparable year EZGO PDS will have roughly the same powe that a Club Car Precedent would have? I found a couple good deals (at least I think they are) on fresh off a Northern course Precedents (2005 for around $1250; 2007 for $1600; 2008 for $1800)...all standard carts fresh off the course. Also, can the power be upgraded in these? Thanks everyone - looking forward to your advice.

PDS is a solid platform, if you are getting one fresh off the course, get ready to put out another $600 or so for batteries.

Precedents suck because of the 4 battery setup. The 4x12v batteries are expensive and last a little over half as long as the standard 6x8v setup.
    Regards

Comment

Thanks for the info Matti. Based on your reply, I stayed away from the Precedent and went back to searching for a PDS. I'm not going to be using it all that much and didn't have much to spend...more for my son's enjoyment than anything. But, at the same time, I didn't want it to be a fixer-upper. I found this one and talked the guy to $1650. Is this a decent deal? 2001 EZGO PDS, Brand new body, Brand new batteries, Brand new seat and roof, windshield, Freedom chip (which i know is $10). The guy refurbs a lot of carts, so it's been gone over thoroughly. To me, knowing how much $$ batteries are, I was willing to go with a 2001 since it had new batteries. Is this a good deal?
      Attached Files

Comment

That's a great cart and the pricing is good!
        The PDS is good to modify for your pleasure.

BTW to GCF nollski!
        Updated by dougmcp; December 1, 2011, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Yep thats about average price for a electric, and a good price with new batteries. A steal would be somewhere around 1500 (with brand new batteries)
          Regards

Comment

Thanks guys. Last question..for now. I'm going to pick this cart up today. Does anyone have the exact dimensions of the 2001 EZGO TXT-PDS? My main concern is the width. I have access to a truck that is exactly 50" between wheel wells, and 8' long. Will this cart fit in between? Or will I need to trailer it? I can find dimensions on the *new* EZGO's and it says they are 47" wide, but I'm not sure about the 2001. Thanks.

Comment

With stock wheels they 46.5" wide.
              Getting them in and out of a truck is difficult and must be towed facing forward to keep the windshield from blowing out.
              The best thing to do would be to rent a 5' x 10' trailer from U haul, easier to load and unload without damage.
              Click on photo to enlarge:

Attached Files
              Updated by dougmcp; December 2, 2011, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Used golf cart dealers are easy to find depending on your location. I would check with a country club that is local and find out where they have their carts serviced, then contact them to see if they sell reconditioned or used carts.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X