just saying hi newb, djlou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just saying hi newb, djlou

i have charger relay that is arching, is this common 0n. 1997 club car ds/ power drive charger

to GCF djlou.
    Is the relay/contactor arcing just on initial contact or continuously after it pulls in?

Comment

Welcome to golf Carts Forum djlou,

Thanks for joining!

Matti
      Regards

Comment

Thank you for your welcome matti. the casing on the relay has burned down or melted a little. right at the lead that comes from the transformer on the in put side or a/c side, also wire coming to relay from transformer is melted . i ordered the relay. i hope it fixes the problem. Problem being ,not charging, battery light comes on, some times the breaker trip's.i just was wondering if this is a common fault with the charger or is there some wiring issues.When i got the cart i found the cart was staying on and running with the key switch in off position.i switches the wires to the key switch and now it runs only when the key is in on position. but now i found the charging issue, could it be related or are they different problems? i wish i had a wiring diagram. I would love your input. thanks Djlou

Comment

Meltdowns within the charger are not common.
          The service manual for your charger is here: http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...accupower.html
          The wiring diagram for your cart should be this one: http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...g-diagram.html

Comment

thanks dougmpc i need an obc. the link was very helpful.

Comment

Bummer about the OBC failure, but at least you may have found the problem.
              Updated by dougmcp; February 3, 2012, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X