Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

My name is Bob I just got a 1979 ez go gas cart in bad shape. Going to need a lot of help getting it going. I am a Retired maintenance mechanic,and I have a fairly well equiped machine shop. I have never worked on a golf cart before so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for joining Bob, clean up the carburetor, check for compression and spark and see if you can get her fired up!
    Regards

Comment

My internet has been down for two days. I am still waiting on the previous owner of the ezgo cart to dig it out of the shed. Can't wait to get it home and start on it!

Comment

Is there a good place to get a manual for a 1979 ezgo cart, gas with a utility bed? The owner told me he thought the crank shaft seals were bad.
        Updated by gravero; September 5, 2011, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Posted earlier by gravero View Post
          Is there a good place to get a manual for a 1979 ezgo cart, gas with a utility bed? The owner told me he thought the crank shaft seals were bad.
          I'm not sure. And probably the crank seals are bad, they only last 10 years at most with constant use.
          Regards

Comment

I will get some picts as soon as I get it home. Maybe tomarrow.

Comment

I will get some picts as soon as I get it home. Maybe tomarrow.
              Regards

Comment

Still waiting to get the cart home. I guess being retired has made me impatient.

Comment

Being retired's not so bad.... when my wife asked me what I did today, I said "nothing". She said "you did that yesterday". I told her "I wasn't finished".

Comment

I was able to get it home today. Now I'm not sure what I have. The ID tag says A17250 D2589. It has a six bolt head with an external starter. The thing is all diamond plate steel and weighs a ton. Someone has put about a 3" lift on it. It is raining so I took a few Pictures but they aren't very good. should I start a new thread to get help IDing this beast? Here are the Pictures such as they are. I'll send the pictures again I have to change fomat.
                    Updated by gravero; September 8, 2011, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Let me try this again. Here are the pictures. such as they are. any help would be greatly appreciated.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi gravero, that is a 1989 EZGO. It should have a 3PG 2 cycle engine. I like the decals and the utility bed with that custom tubing.
                        Regards

Comment

Nice pictures as-well, looks like a great project to me, still pretty complete.
                          Regards

Comment

It is real rough. It is going to take some work. I am going to get it running before I do anything else. Thanks for the help and I'll come back when I get started on it. Bob

Comment

Nice project cart.
                              Should be fun watching your progress.

Comment

It is real rough. It is going to take some work. I am going to get it running before I do anything else. Thanks for the help and I'll come back when I get started on it. Bob
                                I forgot to mention, that I am not sure if you have noticed but it also has a lift kit installed on it, I would check to make sure they did it right, welded correct and tightened down all the bolts.
                                Regards

Comment

Thanks!! I was looking at the lift, it looks homade and I will go over it real close.I know you said it was an 89 ezgo but is there a model associated with it? I was told it was a 1979 before I bought it but Knew that was incorrect as soon as I got it home. I really didn't get a good look at it until now. The price was right so we'll go from here.

Comment

Thanks!! I was looking at the lift, it looks homade and I will go over it real close.I know you said it was an 89 ezgo but is there a model associated with it? I was told it was a 1979 before I bought it but Knew that was incorrect as soon as I got it home. I really didn't get a good look at it until now. The price was right so we'll go from here.
                                    it is the old style Marathon. But yours is not a 4 cycle, it is a 2 cycle, because both engines were available for that year. I would bypass the automatic gasoil mixer since it almost always fails, and if it does it will seize up your engine. Bypass it by premixing the fuel. Mix at 128:1
                                    Regards

Comment

Man , Matti you are better then a manual !! Thanks again can't wait to see if it will run at all.

PS the guy I bought it from told me the injector was allready broke.
                                      Updated by gravero; September 8, 2011, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                        X