New to carts because of Lithium Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to carts because of Lithium Batteries

Hello ladies and gents- I work for a lithium battery supplier in Salt Lake. It didn't take long there to recognize how cool our batteries would be in a golf cart, so we headed down to our local dealer and picked up a 2006 CC Precedent, just off a local country club.
    2 months later here we are with a cart we totally love. (Well, a few carts... we couldn't stop at just one!) Lithium batteries and golf carts were made for each other. For a while people have said that lithium is too expensive, but the prices have settled over the last couple of years. A 12v lithium battery costs less than $300, completely outperforming Trojan T-1275's and lasting 4 times as many cycles.
    It's been fun getting into this and I look forward to lots of interesting banter about just about anything. I may ask questions from time to time, but I'm mostly here to spread the good word that it's finally time to ditch lead-acid.

Cool to hear, you are welcome to share information, pictures or anything you would like with us. What are the specifics on the batteries? Do you also make 6 and 8 volt versions? What is the availability on LI batteries?
    Regards

Comment

Welcome to the site lithium.paul!
      Considering run times and weight, LI batteries are probably the best thing that you could use for a cart, but cost has always been prohibitive.
      At 50% more than lead acid, they are starting to come in the realm of affordability.
      Please keep us in the loop as far as any developments and pricing.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X