Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf Cart stalls when I press the gas pedal to floor

Collapse
This is a sticky topic. Sticky topics are carefully selected for their exceptional quality and relevance. These topics stand out for providing valuable insights, comprehensive information, and expert guidance on the subject matter. When you see this message, you're accessing top tier content that has been curated to deliver the most relevant and insightful information available.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf Cart stalls when I press the gas pedal to floor

I have a 1994 G8A Yamaha Golf Cart. When I press the gas pedal to the floor it stalls out. It will run fairly good when the gas pedal is pressed half way. I can pull the choke out & it will run fine with the pedal pressed all the way down. Any Ideas?
    Thanks,
    Nelson

We have almost identical problem. Only it does not stall but runs erratically like it wants to stall. I have done everything that i can think of except:

1. Clean the filter located at the bottom of the tank. Could be clogged. Replacing it is not an option. It is a new filter.

2. I will try putting gas in a separate container and runthe cart.

3. My last option is to replace the ignitor.

By the way, yours is an old post. WEre you able to solve the problem? Pls. share.

Comment

Mine is doing exactly the same, but I have a G2.
      Would like to know what is causing this.

Comment

pull the fuel line off the carb, put into empty coke bottle, mash gas pedal & see how much gas & how fas it fills bottle, may need carb rebuild or new fuel pump. ethonol eats the hell outta rubber now adays.

Comment

check that your air filter is sealed its happened to me before and that was the problem

Comment

If it runs good with choke out all the way, you could have a air leak to carb. Check crankcase seals for leaks, or carb mounting spacer for cracks.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X