G16 stops rests then runs fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G16 stops rests then runs fine

I have a '97 G16 that has served me faithfully for a dozen years. In the past week it has just stopped after running 30+ minutes three times. The first time was going up a hill and I thought it was out of gas, maybe low. By the time I got it home it ran fine. The second time was with a full tank also going up a hill. Went back for it the next morning and it ran fine. Last night, again going up a hill. Strange thing is that after resting it runs fine. I am going to go pick it up in a few minutes but I would bet it will start and get home without any problem.

Checked plug, looks fine. Checked fuel filter, looks fine and fuel flows freely through it. Fresh gas. What in the world would cause it to stop and then start again after a rest? Is it just tired?

I had a problem like that with my G14, turnd\s out it was the fuel cap the vent was stuck and it would run untill it would suck the tank to a vacumn, how I found it was when it did it i opened the cap to check the fuel and it hissed at me, I then tried it and it ran untill it had exausted the air that i left into the tank then it would quit again, took the three screws out that hold the check valve in place cleaned it out with carb cleaner works good

Comment

My problem turned out to be the magneto ignition coil. Replaced and the cart runs fine $120 later. Twelve years, $120, not bad I guess.

Comment

Where did find your ignition coil? Online or local?

Comment

As it turns out, both. I bought a new coil from a local cart shop for about $120 which failed within about 6 months. Ordered one on-line from Buggies Unlimited for about $85, no tax.

That is not intended to be a quality statement just the very positive financial affect of on-line sales.

Comment

I had the same symptoms, fixed the same way. Ignition coil on acolumbia par car.

Comment

Had this happen to me as well.
              It turned out that in installed the fuel bowl on the Carb in wrong position.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X