G9 Wont start, Need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G9 Wont start, Need some help

Alright like I said, it wont start, I've cleaned the carb, its getting spark, I already put a new plug and ignition coil in it. Gapped the spark plug. It will start up and run on starter fluid but once thats out it dies. I drained all the old gas and put new gas in it. adjusted the needles to default on the carb. I feel like its something very close and simple but i just cant get it. any help would be great

also When i take the bowl off the carb there is alot of gas in it. but when i take out the plug it smells like gas (faintly) but you cannot see gas on the plug. The air filter is coated in oil and the intake pipe has oil in it. Bad rings???? When I put my finger in the spark plug hole and crank over the engine is shoots my finger outta there so it has compression. But my boss doesn't have a compression tester. (its his golf cart)

Comment

Sounds like a caburation problem.

Comment

Hello, when you say cleaned the carb, did you take it off, remove all the jets and parts and spray cleaner in every hole? And did you soak it in cleaner overnight? I would try this first because it sounds like a fuel problem. While you are at it, remove the main gas hose that goes to the carburetor and press the gas pedal, does gas come shooting out of the hose? (be prepared)
        Regards

Comment

ck the ck valve on oil delivery hose, may be causing oil to get on air filter gibby

Comment

If you have been running unleaded fuel you have a carb problem when you pull the bowl you have to remove a jet to remove the float also there is a jet that is deep in the main well (where the bolt goes that holds the bowl on) I have found in many cases that when you pull that jet you will find it partially plugged with like teeny rocks, what these are is a reaction to the alcohal that is put into unleaded fuel at the refinery, these older carts need non-oxygenated fuel which is like premium, the problem you have sounds just like the one i had on my G14 and mine was the main jet in the well was partially plugged.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X