G16 runs good until it gets warmed up then dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G16 runs good until it gets warmed up then dies

I have a 97 G16. I was running it and it ran fine but once it got warmed up real good it died.The repair shop put a new carb on it and it ran great until it got warmed up then it died again.The shop had it for three weeks and installed a new coil, it ran great again until it got warmed up and now it's dead.any ideas? the dealer says that maybe the shop i used installed an after market coil and the dealer gave me another one.I just haven't had time to install the new coil.
    It will normally run for about a week end before it dies. But it seems once the cart gets good and warmed up is when it sputters then dies. The starter will turn over but it won't fire.

The next time it dies, check for spark. If you have already what is the result?
    Regards

Comment

installed new coil it has spark but still doesn't start. It has new fuel,new carb,new fuel pump,& new fuel filter.I spoke with the dealer and he wants to look at it he was talking about pulling the flywheel and about a key that might have shaved off for the timing?

Comment

That is rare, but not impossible. It sounds more likely to me that your valve adjustment is off, your flywheel is dirty, something is wired up wrong, compression is low or your simply not getting gas. Just remember, all you need is spark, compression and gas for an engine to run.
        Regards

Comment

check the pulse line from the engine to the bottom of your fuel pump, condensation builds in that line,plugs and then no fuel. its easy, just pull off the air cleaner, pull both ends of the line off and blow. you'll know righ taway if its pluged. happens often.

Comment

sorry for the late response but i hauled the G16 to the dealer and they looked at it and only found that the plug was fouled and maybe the fuel was old.They put a new air filter, fuel filter,plug and new gas and now it runs like a champ.
            Plus my brother -in law hasn't been on it. hmm... funny how that works

Comment

so now when i store it for the winter should i have a full gas tank or should i drain it and fill it in the spring with fresh gas ?

Comment

Thanks for the update, heres a useful article on storing your gas cart in the winter http://www.golfcart-forums.com/quest...d-storage.html
                Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X