G16A Flat spot when accelerating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G16A Flat spot when accelerating

I have recently purchased a G16A - serial # 611913 , Power 7.1KW cart which was in storage for 3 years. I drained and cleaned the gas tank, checked the fuel filter ( which appears OK) checked and cleaned the air filter (Looks Fine)
    cleaned the plug and set gap at 32 thousand. (At the time I could find the proper gap setting) Spark plug is NGK BPR2ES - IN the service manual Part # is
    BPR2ES0 -oo. Is there a difference in these Plugs? Cart Starts very well but seems to require choke upon starting even after short delay. Is this just a normal cold blooded thing or is there a fix? when travelling, upon relatively quick acceleration (Pressing pedal full down) enginr hesitates and stops a few seconds before pickiing it up again. What to look for as cause? Also cart seems to be somewhat slow compared to my 1985 Yamaha Cart. Is this just a normal difference? I have checked fuel pump and gas lines and drained carb bowl. No improvement.
    I do not believe that the governor would have been tampered with on this G16A as it is in excellent condition and does not appear to have had any major servicing. Any help and comments greatly appreciated: Jim

That is usually due to a dirty main jet in the carburetor, take it apart including the jets and clean it out with carburetor cleaner. Use a thread of a steel wire brush to stick into small holes to get them clean

The second thing you must check is for air leaks, make sure the air filter system is COMPLETELY sealed, and all gaskets are in place.

Your cart being slower than the 85 Yamaha is normal, they have 2 completely different engines.
    Regards

Comment

I have a problem with Yamaha cart. There is occasionally a slight delay when the pedal is fully depressed. I ohmed out micro switch under pedal. I can feel solenoid clicking over and also checked brushes on starter/generator. I am stumped?

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X