'84 gas G-1 won't charge battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '84 gas G-1 won't charge battery

Hi all, I've got a gas G-1 that starts and runs fine, but after a few hours or so of use the battery is dead. Using a charging system tester I've found that the cart is taking 60-80 amps from the battery with the gas motor / cart running at full speed. There is no power to the regulator and the 10 amp fuse is blown that is closest to the regulator. replaced fuse, blows immediately... help please...schematic..

Hi Roggiar, Clean up the connections on your generator. Here is the wiring diagram if you need it http://www.golfcart-forums.com/golf-...g-diagram.html
    Regards

Comment

Thanx... After looking at wiring diagram, my first thought was that someone had rewired many wires (incorrectly)... I then realized that the person I bought it from, or even prior, had PUT THE BATTERY IN BACKWARDS!!!! They then connected the red light wire to the pos. term and a new chassis ground to the neg terminal....It ran fine, just no charging, and obviously blowing the neg. fuse (which was hooked to the pos. side of battery....thanx....

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X