yamaha g1 relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha g1 relay

my buggy died today. When the key is in the off position there is a relay that clicks when the gas pedal is depressed. when key is on foward it makes a god awfull sound (the relay) in reverse nothing at all.

Any ideas? is it the relay or maybe something else?

Hi Andy, check to make sure the battery is fully charged at 12 volts. It it checks out, check all the connections everywhere on the cart including on the battery that they are tight and making contact.
    Regards

Comment

UPDATE... Cleaned the chassis graound and it started. Rode around for 15 min stoped the cart. When i went to start again in foward the electic motor would turn just allittle and stop. Worked in reverse, but not forward. Solenoids felt very hot to the touch.

I let it sit for several hours and it started right up. Bad solenoids maybe????????

Comment

This sounds more like a loose connection than a solenoid problem. Were the wires hot too? What I would do is check all connections that they are tight and clean, and look for broken wires before replacing the solenoid.
        Regards

Comment

wires were not hot, just the solenoids. How would a connection make it die after heating up then start again once cooled down? Dunno....

Comment

Hi andy, the reason is at first it wouldn't work in forward or reverse. Forward and reverse are controlled by 2 different solenoids on your cart. So if a solenoid was bad, it would only work in reverse or forward like in your second post. Since you didn't have either at first, it sounds more like a wire is touching and heating up the solenoid making it shut down after time or a connection is loose and not making contact sometimes.

Doing the above is free and is a very common problem, rather than spending over $100 on a solenoid and finding out it was not the problem
            Regards

Comment

I had this problem and ended up replacing just about everything electrical and it turned out to be the RELAY at the rear of the cart. Check it out before you do anything else and let me know if you locate a new one because I have been unable to.

Comment

I have found the identification stamp on my cart but it reads J32-000105. I can find nothing like that anywhere. A G1A Yamaha reads J31-000001. Can anyone help with this?

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X