G2 steering problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G2 steering problem

I have an old g2 that runs like a champ, the only problem is the steering box is not working. it will turn left fine but when it comes to turning right well not so fine. I have searched the web looking for answers with no luck. I have taking apart the steering box and found a bad berring. I replaced the bearing put it all back together and it still turns left however that grinding sound is gone. If anyone has any expierence with this please help. Thanks.

Any lift kit on it? You checked the steering box, did you check all the connections and bushings from the box to the wheels? Also welcome to the site.
    Regards

Comment

Hello and thank you for the greetings, I have no lift kit and the linkages to the steering box are all fine, not bent or frozen. When I try to put the steering shaft, the one with the worm gear on it, into the bushing, bearing, it is off by a little bit and will not go down into the bearing. Do you have a pdf of the steering box. I must have put it together wrong but I am not sure how that could have happened. All I took off was the cover and the bolt in the front where the bushing is.

Comment

Ok. I'll see what I can do about that diagram.
        Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X