G9 with wiring problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G9 with wiring problems

Hi everybody, please help me with my 1991 Yamaha G9. I bought it used, the starter generator was the wrong one, off a cub cadet, would not charge the battery, so I replaced it with a proper starter generator and new voltage regulator and first thing it did was smoke the black wire going to the pickup coil in the cylinder head, as I took all the wiring off to inspect and cannot find out why.....anybody know why....thanks

Hello wrfd15! Something is wired up wrong, did you confirm your wiring with the diagram in the diagrams section?
    Regards

Comment

Yes I did, but it was not clear on a few things, like now I think the problem is the negative battery cable was going to the frame for ground, as the picture of the wiring shows it going to the A1 terminal on the rear of the starter generator, makes me believe it grounded wrong or not enough, but since this posting I have not had time to try that as I have been working alot...but will try and let everybody know if that worked...thanks

Comment

Okay let us know
        Regards

Comment

where do I find the wiring diagrams sections, I could not find them...please advise...thanks

Comment

Here is a link http://www.golfcart-forums.com/golf-cart-diagrams/

you can find the section on the home page.
            Regards

Comment

I found it, thanks alot

Comment

Yeah guys, I fixed the problem, I moved the negative ground cable from the housing to the rear of the starter generator marked A1 and also grounded the wiring harness to the same negative terminal and it works like a champ....thanks for the help

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X