Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've inherited a G1A based art car, now tell me about it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've inherited a G1A based art car, now tell me about it...

I've inherited a glorious art car based on what I think is a Yamaha G1A. You can see some photos of it at this page: http://www.templetons.com/brad/burn/imtransport.html

As you can see it's unlike any other golf cart you've ever seen. But I don't see a lot of information on the G1A out there. So if folks know...
    • What size is the engine?
    • What oil mix does it need? The usual 50:1?
    • What size is the battery?
    • How do I open it to work on the engine? I pray that the builder left a way to do this without removing the very complex framing on it. I can't ask him, alas. What's the normal way?
    • What's the generator's output capacity?
    • Since it's been sitting in storage for 2 years, what do I need to do? Drain the gas? I presume I should check the carb, plugs and battery.
    • Is old mixed 2-stroke oil/gas still good after several years?
    Thanks for any help.

Wow! Congratulations on the new cart looks like it has a sweet sound system in it too, the first thing you want to do is check under the rear bumper on the fender for a serial number. If you see a serial number there, either on the left or right side then you have a Yamaha G1A.

The normal way to open the engine compartment on a G1 is to lift up the whole rear body end. It tilts up, the seats and all, the roof detaches from the front posts. This specific Yamaha has an automatic gas oil mixer, so all you need to do is add 2 cycle oil to the reservoir and gas in the gas tank. The battery is a normal 12 volt car battery.

To tell you the truth the car should run just fine, they are almost unbreakable. Just drain the gas and oil and replace. Throw in a new battery and go.

Also, welcome to the forum!
    Regards

Comment

Can't see the bumpers

Unfortunately the bumpers are covered so one can't get at the serial number, but another sites said if it has two seats rather than a bench seat it's a G1, but I will keep checking. The automatic oil mixer sounds handy.

Do you happen to know what size class the battery is? I guess if I open it up I will find out soon enough. Bill left a panel over the gas tank but I didn't notice an oil tank. Will dig around.

Do I have to undo screws to get it to lift, or is there a latch? I don't see hinges.

Comment

Pull up and backwards on the seat hip guard, it will all lift up, there are 2 hinges on the back of the cart above the bumper. You don't have to loosen anything. You are correct on the seat information, the G1 has two bucket seats. Any old Ford or Chevy battery will fit. The oil reservoir is attached above the rear wheel.

Here is a handy section of the troubleshooting booklet you can check out http://www.golfcart-forums.com/yamah...s.html#post494
        Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X