G9 gas in oil and soots plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G9 gas in oil and soots plugs

Started a couple weeks ago, friends cart quit, plug fouled so he put in a new plug, did it again and he found the air cleaner saturated with gas and oil, dropped the oil full of gas, bought a new carb and that is where i come in installed new carb, changed oil and installed new element, worked for a few days same thing so i hauled it to my shop changed oil , hooked up a temp air cleaner from an EZ go, cart runs graat except i can put in a plug and run it for 5min and it is all sooty and after about an hour running the oil is starting to get gassy, compression seems good, could it be weak spark, the float is fine, no dirt in the needle valve everything else checks out ok. John

Mine was doing the same thing. Problem was I had done a few things to get more RPMs, in turn that made the vacuum from the crankcase to air cleaner pull oil out to air cleaner. What I did was take the breather hose from crankcase to breather off of the breather, put a screw in the hole in air cleaner and a filter on the hose from crankcase. problem solved.

Comment

turns out that from using oxygenated fuel the diaphram in the fuel pump was almost disintergrated and full of white gunk so it was pumping fuel into the crankcase through the puls line, pulled out a few handfulls of hair on that one

Comment

good deal glad you got it figured out

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X