'96 14a wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '96 14a wiring

Hi and call me newbie. I have done a rebuild on my engine, but the wiring must be wrong. When I turn the key on, the oil light comes on, and when I press the gas, the light dims, but no fire. Help??!!

i have attached a wiring diagram for a G14A. If you ever need other yamaha wiring diagrams look here:http://www.cunninghamgolfcar.com/s-1...resources.aspx
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks much for your quick reply. I have this one and everything appears to be connected right. I'm really baffled by the oil light coming on when the key is turned on. Any other ideas?
      Thanks,
      Bob

Comment

does the battery have a good charge? have you pulled the plug and watched for spark? is the plug wet with fuel?

Comment

The battery is fully charged and I am getting gas, just no spark. The starter has been rebuilt, but the problem was the same b-4 I put the new brushes in it. Trying to figure why the oil light dims when the gas is pressed has me stumped too.

Comment

i would check the pickup coil, ignition coil and ignitor. oil level switch may be intermittent.

Comment

are you saying that the starter will not turn over

Comment

Thanks for the responses. The starter turns over and has new brushes. Still no spark. Still baffled why the oil light comes on and dims when gas is pressed. Is there a way to test the switch?
                Updated by bayclubbob; June 24, 2013, 09:24 AM.

Comment

the light blinks because the oil pump has flow but not constant until it runs and has more rpms. the oil light will not keep the ignition from firing.

Comment

Thanks and I was able to test the key switch. It works.

Comment

Greetings - Does anybody have any ideas on tightening the flywheel nut? Torque, loc tite it?

Comment

View More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      X