no spark on 1979 g1 gas yamaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no spark on 1979 g1 gas yamaha

i just bought a 1979 g1 gas yamaha today. the owner said it ran great until the battery came out of holder and then smoke came out from under seat. it hasnt ran since then. i only see one fuse on front of body. looks like other ones have been wire nutted together at one time. it will crank over but has no spark at all. i can see the black/white stripe wire out of cdi has been cut. all connections look good everywhere else. no power to orange wire on coil on side of engine. the owner thought cdi might be bad but had no idea. what should i test? thanks.

i think i am getting somewhere now. i had no power from brown wire out of engine. i removed flywheel cover and the inside of flywheel was packed with dirt coming out holes of flywheel. i have cleaned it all out and now and getting voltage from brown wire. just barely turning over engine i was getting 4 volts. charging battery now and will try again. will post what happens next. maybe this will help someone else with same problem.

Comment

only 2 volts from brown wire out of engine. charge coil looks fine. cleaned up flywheel and everything inside. could the charge coil be bad?

Comment

still same thing. does anyone know whats going on? brown wire has 323 ohms. have ground on black wire. other two wires are not grounded. what do i need to buy? any help is appreciated.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X