Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha G16 Starter Question (After Repair)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha G16 Starter Question (After Repair)

I had worn brushes so I replaced the brushes and sanded the armature. Put it all back together and the starter spins great until i put it under a load to turn over the engine.

I figure the battery was just warn so i purchased a new battery and the same issue. The starter will turn the belt but very slowly and not fast enough to turn over the engine.

I held the gas and the area by the brushes smoked a little but it finally turned over and ran fine.

Now when I press the gas sometimes it is very weak and will not turn the motor. I just press the gas 2-3 times and it will finally catches and sover fine.

Is there a break in period for the brushes or some type of process to wear there is?

Thanks for your help...

New brushes require no breakin time. Something not right yet. There shouldn't be any smoking going on. Use your multimeter to make sure your getting proper voltage to the starter via the the solinoid. Make sure all your connections are clean and tight. Your battery should be at 12.55 or above. If your getting proper voltage and your connection are tight and you still get the same symtoms you may have additional problems with your starter.

Comment

I have been running the cart a few days and I have to hit the gas 3 to 4 Times to get the starter to kick the motor over. The first few times I can hear the starter running but not enough power to turn the motor. Voltage at battery and starter are good.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X