1995 yamaha golf cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 yamaha golf cart

Hello, haveing trouble with my cart engine started cutting out on me loseing power. I have put fresh gas cleaned air filter replaced fuel filter and now replaced fuel pump. i'm not getting gas to motor even with new fuel pump please help.

5/21/12

Thank you for your idea, I tried it but found nothing in elbow or fuel line in tank. I'm wondering the hose going from bottom of fuel pump then goes into middle section of engine. Is this hose what sucks fuel and if so I think it is the promblem. I found no holes in this hose. What do you think?
    Updated by crazno; May 21, 2012, 07:03 PM.

pull the pick-up tube from the tank. either pulls out of the rubber gromet or if don't have the rubber it unscrews from the tank. cut the bottom of the tube on an angel & blow through it. probably got trash stuck at the elbow stopping it up.

Comment

Thank you for your idea, I tried it but found nothing in elbow or fuel line in tank. I'm wondering the hose going from bottom of fuel pump then goes into middle section of engine. Is this hose what sucks fuel and if so I think it is the promblem. I found no holes in this hose. What do you think?

Comment

that it the hose that works the fuel pump, the piston goin up & down moves a rubber diaphram back & forth. the other 2 are the in and out of the pump. make shure their on the right place at the pump. there will be arrows showing flow.

Comment

at this point i was better off with the old fuel pump, now i'm getting no gas in the fuel filter. i checked the arrows and i have it hooked up correctly. i only have 2 fresh gallons of gas in tank should i have more gas in tank? do you think it would make a diffrence? is there a way to check to see if that hose working off the piston is working correctly. i also checked the fuel line from the elbow of the gas tank to the inlet of the fuel filter no holes or blockages. re checked fuel line in gas tank also no holes or blockages. what do you think?

Comment

2 gal should be plenty, look for any blockages in all lines, and the little nipple that comes out the motor.

Comment

I had the same problem with my 96 G16. I replaced all the fuel and vacum lines and it works like a champ.
              Fuel line is cheap and probly not a bad idea to replace it any way. I think my total cost for the fuel line was under 10.00. I bought it by the foot at the local hardware store.

Comment

well my cart is running !!! i removed all the fuel lines and blew through them and found some small resitance. i tried to remove the hose going to the piston but i just could not see it good enough or get to it so i sucked the hose hopeing if there was any blockage i could clear it that way. i hooked every thing back up steped on the gas the fuel filter instantly filled with gas and she started running. i'm super happy. thank you for all your ideas and advice i really appreciate it. now i can move on to some other stuff for my cart. i also wanted to ask is there a simple way to get more speed out of the cart? THANKS AGAIN !!!

Comment

My G16 had a very small crack in vacuum line at fuel pump causing fuel pump to not work. The crack was under the hose clamp and barely noticeable. Cut half inch off and confirmed that was the problem. Good luck!

Comment

Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  X