Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2000 Yamaha G16

Collapse
This is a sticky topic. Sticky topics are carefully selected for their exceptional quality and relevance. These topics stand out for providing valuable insights, comprehensive information, and expert guidance on the subject matter. When you see this message, you're accessing top tier content that has been curated to deliver the most relevant and insightful information available.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Yamaha G16

Cart won't start. I took battery out and sprayed out engine compartment as carefully as I could. Now cart won't start. When I step on the gas all I get is a clicking sound. Any suggestions?

Sounds like a corroded or loose battery cable. Start with making sure the terminals at the battery are clean and tight. Then, check the negative (black) side for a good tight clean ground at the opposite end of terminal. Sounds like there's not enough juice going to the starter.

Comment

Did it run before you took the battery out? If so you may have disloged a ground. If not:
      1) Put cart in neutural. Try to start. If it starts it's most likely a poorly charged battery. Cahrge it. If not;
      2) Check battery voltage with multimeter and, if not above 12.56, charge it and try again.
      2) Above 12.56? You need to check if power is going to the starter side of the solinoid when you press on the gas pedal. Take off solinoid cover (black plastic box behind battery). Hold Multimeter on neg bat terminal and far side post on top of solinoid as you depress gas pedal. No reading = bad solinoid. Reads 12.56 or higher probably worn starter brushes.

Comment

While youve got the cover off the solenoid box, check the fuse. Sounds like you may have blown it.........
        It doesnt take much to blow that fuse in a Yami. Dont ground anything to the frame on this cart, it will blow that fuse immediately.

Comment

Posted earlier by essness View Post
          While youve got the cover off the solenoid box, check the fuse. Sounds like you may have blown it.........
          It doesnt take much to blow that fuse in a Yami. Dont ground anything to the frame on this cart, it will blow that fuse immediately.
          I just replaced the 10 Amp Fuse that is right off the solenoid. I was dead in the water until I found the fuse by mistake, but now I know.

You say not to ground anything to the frame. I have a light kit I need to install, will it need to be grounded?

Thanks from a Newbie,
          Sparkie Waller
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes, they will need to be grounded. Is it a light kit for a Yamaha? If so, it will have the ground in the harness alreadt set to connect directly to the battery "NEG" post.
            If you need more power up by the dash, (radio, etc.) Pull a ground from the battery up to the dash and get a grounding block for future accessories.
            All grounds on a Yami need to go to the battery ground.

Comment

Thanks for the info on grounds

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X