G2 idles but won't rev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G2 idles but won't rev

I bought this cart and rebuilt it (piston,rings,valves,all seals,)but when i got it all back together i adjusted valves to 4000th of an inch and it starts but won't run or idle up i can drive it (about 2mph lol)but there you have it!!!any input for me here?
    Matt

Posted earlier by karaokeman1973@yahoo.com View Post
    I bought this cart and rebuilt it (piston,rings,valves,all seals,)but when i got it all back together i adjusted valves to 4000th of an inch and it starts but won't run or idle up i can drive it (about 2mph lol)but there you have it!!!any input for me here?
    Did you set the timing right, what compression do you have now?
    Regards

Comment

i lined up the crankshaft mark with the cam mark and the counter balance mark to the center of the crankshaft. compression idk yet i did have a stuck ring that i fixed and have good seal now. should compression be 135ft lbs?
      Matt

Comment

Timing should be set when the piston is at top dead center, On the crankshaft gear there is a mark and on the camshaft gear there is a hole, they should like up to set the timing. Make sure the balancer is set (a mark that lines up at TDC).

Compression 150 is good, 135 is fine, double check the valves at .004 inch cold.
        Regards

Comment

i just went out and readjusted valves and i have 150 on compression but it's backfiring (you can hear it in the air box)and won't rev out I've checked the timing and cleaned the daylights out of the carb .i have to hold out the choke to make it run but it's releasing smoke out of the exhaust,smells like it is getting to much fuel?????new plug looked saturated but getting plenty of spark?what am i missing here?
          Updated by karaokeman1973@yahoo.com; February 6, 2012, 12:09 PM.
          Matt

Comment

Check if your muffler is clogged.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X