fuel guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel guage

I have a G9 and the fuel guage is almost impossible to read. Does any know if a different guage can be fitted

Is the gauge stained or just too small?

Comment

The guage is stained and small, I use a torch to try and see it but can not tell the level.

Comment

I don't know of an alternative, I would just try getting a new one you can read. It appears you're in Australia they're less than $15 here in the US and should be a comparable price where you are.
        Try these guys: http://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/deale...s-of-melbourne
        The Yamaha part number for it is: J38-85710-02-00 FUEL LEVEL GAUGE ASSEMBLY
        Updated by dougmcp; January 9, 2012, 03:55 PM.

Comment

snip
          Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
          I don't know of an alternative, I would just try getting a new one you can read.
          Maybe a gas cap/fuel gauge combo from a jet ski or snowmobile would work. Any info on this idea?

Comment

Posted earlier by Stoney View Post
            snip
            Maybe a gas cap/fuel gauge combo from a jet ski or snowmobile would work. Any info on this idea?
            I would think that the depth of the tank will be different on those models. They may fit, however the readings will be inaccurate, but I am sure a person can become accustom to the readings and learn their true full/empty from the position on the custom fuel cap.
            Regards

Comment

Posted earlier by Matti View Post
              I would think that the depth of the tank will be different on those models. They may fit, however the readings will be inaccurate, but I am sure a person can become accustom to the readings and learn their true full/empty from the position on the custom fuel cap.
              I found a variety of depths for the gauge stem; any where from 9" to 18" with a number of sizes in between. The bigger problem is whether the cap will properly fit the filler neck on the tank.

Comment

Posted earlier by Stoney View Post
                I found a variety of depths for the gauge stem; any where from 9" to 18" with a number of sizes in between. The bigger problem is whether the cap will properly fit the filler neck on the tank.
                I would suppose you could get lucky. however most manufacturers fuel tanks are made by that company, and in order to "trademark" it their way, they use a custom filler hole and thread. Maybe try matching brands. IE a Yamaha snowmobile to a Yamaha G16
                Regards

Comment

Thanks, Guys. I'll have a look at your suggestions.

Phil

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  X