g9 wiring starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g9 wiring starter

i have a 94 g9. the starter i have has one posative lead and one neg lead. i got a used one that also has a short lead conecting the starter between the a and f posts. my original starter did not have these posts conected. what id the diffrence. the starters are exact except for that one connection.

The reasoning behind this is because your starter is not only just a starter, but a generator aswell. The posts push in power and take out power also.
    Regards

Comment

i understand that. but again my question is, my starter had only the a1 terminal hooked to negative. the f2 hooked to posative. the a2 and f1 studs had nothing. the used starter had a jump wire between a2 and f1. i have a schematic that shows only the a1 and f2 . question should this jump wire be used or omit it? and i believe the two smaller wires are the ones used to tranmit the electric produced. and can u bench test the starter/generator by just applying 12volts to terminals. it should spin like a motor correct?

Thanks jeff

Comment

??? I assume the cart is not fully functional like this? Yes the A1 terminal off the motor should to go the negative side of the battery. The A2 terminal originally has a cable that runs directly to F1. F2 runs to the small positive terminal on the solenoid.

If it is not running with my explained setup, you either have a dead battery, dead solenoid, dead microswitch or dead motor.
        Regards

Comment

Thanks. I can hear the solenoid click and show power on a meter when accelerator depressed. would anything else besides a dead starter stop this from turning. and yes it is not running at this time. can not get it to turn over. and can you bench test this by applying the 12 volts to the cables. I am assuming it would spin like a electric motor correct? Thanks and have a great holiday. Jeff

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X