G14 Body removal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G14 Body removal.

Well, things are going pretty well. Thanks to the help I received here, the cowl is completely off and stripped bare.

Now I'm focusing on the body removal and have it pretty much bare but still attached to the cart frame. The last two items left to remove are the choke knob and the shift lever.

Choke knob: screw is rusted and I can't tell if it's a Phillips or an Allen. Also, what to do if I can't get the knob off? Could use some advice here.

Shift lever: The lever is completely smooth with no apparent way to release it from the shaft. Totally lost on this one.

I do have a Service Manual ordered, but no telling when it will arrive.

If anyone can advise me on how to overcome these two problems, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Try the pictorial parts list at the Yamaha site and see if it may answer some of your questions: http://www.yamahagolfcar.com/partsan.../default.aspx#
    Sorry I can't be of more help I'm an electric guy.
    Updated by dougmcp; November 8, 2011, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
      Try the pictorial parts list at the Yamaha site and see if it may answer some of your questions: http://www.yamahagolfcar.com/partsan.../default.aspx#
      Thanks for the suggestion. I already looked but it's no help.

Comment

Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
        Doug,

I took a second look at the IPB and realized the handle is held on by a U shaped spring very much like the ones used on older cars to retain the window crank handle. Luckily, I still had the removal tool from my wrenching days.

So, you were a big help; after I took the second look.

Thanks.
        Updated by Stoney; November 8, 2011, 07:10 PM.

Comment

I used to use a coat hanger bent up with a hook on it to pull those old window cranks.
          Glad to hear you're getting it all sorted out.
          Sorry we didn't have the service manual for you, the only one I could find was the G-2 to G-9 manual that I posted.
          So if your service manual is available on a computer file I would be happy to post it up for others to use as well.
          Updated by dougmcp; November 8, 2011, 07:30 PM.

Comment

I'm waiting on an OEM printed Service Manual, which is out of stock at the moment.

If I could just get the choke knob off, I could lift the body off.

Comment

Its been a long time but I think its a metric allen.
              Mike

Comment

Mike,

Any idea what size? None of the ones in my little 7 piece set would work.

Comment

It turns out the choke knob set-screw was a very rusted Phillips that had to be cut off. I was able to get the knob off without leaving a mark on the shaft.

Comment

Glad to hear you got it removed.
                    Mike

Comment

Posted earlier by Stoney View Post
                      It turns out the choke knob set-screw was a very rusted Phillips that had to be cut off. I was able to get the knob off without leaving a mark on the shaft.
                      Its always that way, even on cars. They use stainless bolts everywhere but where you need it like in that instance.
                      Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      X