G1 won`t start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G1 won`t start

I`m new here. Have a G1 that I`m trying to work the bugs out. It set for a few years. Ran for awhile,found some bad wiring. Fixed that. Put new switch in. Thought solinoids were bad but found more faulty wiring. Fixed that. Cart ran decent. Than quit again. Solinoids are kicking in but not kicking in starter. I tried jumping starter from using a post from here. Didn`t get a good connection to the F2 and A1 posts with cables. However I put a jumper from the battery to the F2 turned key on, hit the accelerator pedal and the starter cranked over. Cart did not try to start though. Pulled off jumper and nothing. Solinoids kick in but nothing to starter. Any suggestions on where to look for my problem. Didn`t know if there might be a wire broke in starter from the F1 post or??????
    Thanks
    itlms1

Hi itlms1, If you jumped the solenoid and it turned over, then you are going to need to replace the solenoid.
    Regards

Comment

Matti,
      Thanks, I assume by jumping from battery to the F2 post that I`m jumping the solinoid? Can I determine which one is bad or would you replace both solinoids?

Comment

Posted earlier by itlms1 View Post
        Matti,
        Thanks, I assume by jumping from battery to the F2 post that I`m jumping the solinoid? Can I determine which one is bad or would you replace both solinoids?
        Run a 6 gage jumper cable across the 2 large posts of the solenoid to bypass/test it.
        Regards

Comment

How do you bypass the solenoid?

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X