G14 wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G14 wont start

Hello, My kids were riding and the cart just quit. Wont start. Gas pedal clicks when pushed. Battery reads 12.8 volts. Changed solenoid. Still Nothing.

I found one in line fuse. It has 12 volts all the time .One end goes into the harness and the other end is not plugged into anything. Could this be for headlights ? This cart doesn't have any.

I have 12.4 volts to the small terminals on the solenoid. Can i unplug the pedal switch or do i need to jump it out ?

Should There be a fuse of some kind? Ii cant find one .

Any help would be appreciated . Thanks ,Russ
    [IMG]http://www.*******************/smooth/statusicon/user_online.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.*******************/smooth/buttons/report.gif[/IMG]

Clean up the connections on the battery and on the solenoid. The pedal switch happens before the solenoid, so if that is clicking, the switch is working. But I would try jumping the solenoid with a 6 gage jumper cable. Check all the connections, like above and also on the starter generator. Tug on the lines for loose or broken connections. If it all checks out, it may be time for a new starter generator.
    Regards

Comment

When you say jump the solenoid, How do you do this ? I already jump the two big terminals and the engine turns over but wont start.

Comment

If you do not get any movements from the engine before you jumped it... And then when you jumped the large terminals the engine turns over, that means your solenoid is no good. Get that fixed first.

The motor not starting, that is due to several different reasons but it has nothing to do with the solenoid.
        Regards

Comment

The solenoid is new.

Comment

Posted earlier by scag52 View Post
            The solenoid is new.
            Its no good.
            Regards

Comment

Matti , Thanks for your help. Got it going. it had a broken ground wire. Solenoid was ok after all. Thanks again for trying to help.

Comment

Posted earlier by scag52 View Post
                Matti , Thanks for your help. Got it going. it had a broken ground wire. Solenoid was ok after all. Thanks again for trying to help.
                Thanks for the update, I knew the only thing it could be was the solenoid, but I forgot about them darn grounds. Glad you got it all fixed
                Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X