g1 blows fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g1 blows fuse

my cart blows the ground fuse as soon as you install fuse.also the carts frame and starter are all hot.if you check with a test light just setting there it has voltage on it.i have removed all wires a checked and repaired couple wires it smoked at the fuse.any suggestions .

Hi shannon. It is grounding out somewhere. Check all the wires again mainly around the solenoid. Another thing to check, do you have any accessories or lights wired up? If so, they have to be wired directly to the battery and nowhere else.
    Regards

Comment

Here's the wiring diagram for your cart, I upped your account so you are able to view it. http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...g-diagram.html
      Regards

Comment

is there a ground that goes to the frame. because the wire that blows the fuse is ground to the frame beside the battery.also the case of the generator is 12 volts just setting there. is that right?

Comment

Posted earlier by shannon79malibu View Post
          is there a ground that goes to the frame. because the wire that blows the fuse is ground to the frame beside the battery.also the case of the generator is 12 volts just setting there. is that right?
          Is that wire for lights? or what? Is it a stock wire? If it is not something put there by the factory, it has to go and it is what is causing your problem.
          Regards

Comment

the ground looks factory .still trying to find it .all of a sudden working fine but would real like to know what made it do it .

Comment

If it is working OK now I would think you have a short to ground from either an abraded wire or moisture.
              Glad to hear it's working now.

Comment

is mattie a G1 expert or just happen to be on all of the posts that i have looked at?

Comment

Posted earlier by Qlgcoach View Post
                  is mattie a G1 expert or just happen to be on all of the posts that i have looked at?
                  I'm just that good.
                  Regards

Comment

And he's extremely modest too!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    X