G1 stutters at low speeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G1 stutters at low speeds

I have a g1 that runs good at high end but cuts out at lower speeds. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello Jimbo. It is one of 4 things. I will go easiest to hardest.

The intake needs to be completely sealed up with no leaks anywhere in the system. The carburetor needle needs to be set at 1.5 turns out.

If it is still doing the problem, you will need to clean out the carburetor completely, removing the jets and soaking everything in carb cleaner over night, and then blowing it out with compressed air in the morning. If you dont feel like doing that, purchase a new carburetor direct from Yamaha, aftermarket or replacement carburetors are garbage.

If none of the above fix it, it is doing that because air is escaping. Over time the crank seals wear out and this is where the air gets out. This means that its time for a rebuild. Break it down, hone the cylinder, install new rings, seals and all gaskets. You will not have the problem anymore.
    Regards

Comment

Similar problems myself,.. system seems to be running fine,.. yet i can only run the engine while adjusting the choke in sequence while pressing the gas pedal. I just found it today, but when i got the golf cart, there is a connecting rod to the throttle connectors to the opposite side of the engine to what appears to be an exhaust flap, that was disconnected. I couldnt find that item in the cart manual. Since i wanted the cart to run today,.. i rigged my own connection but got that fitting to work. but i am still having to adjust the choke while pressing the gas to keep the engine running properly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X