1986 G2 wiring has been butchered!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 G2 wiring has been butchered!

I have looked everywhere I know to in an attempt to find a wiring harness for a Yamaha '86 G2 (gas) golf car. From all indications no such monster exists.
    Along with the wiring there are other difficulties but until I get the wiring straightened out, I can't determine what to do to the rest of the motor.
    Any help you can pass along is greatly appreciated!

CD

Contact your Yamaha dealer, or contact Yamaha directly. If they don't make it, your only bet is to buy a used golf cart of the same make and model for parts. Or junk/sell your current golf cart and purchase a fresh new or used golf cart.
    Regards

Comment

I'm not sure if you can still order parts for a machine that old but the parts list and part numbers for the 1986 G2-A cart are here: http://www.yamahagolfcar.com/partsan.../default.aspx#

Comment

I've done some checking around and parts don't seem to be a problem. I have found a schematic so I'll fabricate a harness myself and hope I don't mess up too bad!

I realize it's an old unit but my intentions are to get the motor running and use it this year but during the winter I'm going to redo the entire body making it into an"Woody". I'm even going to make a surf board to go on the top. I think it'll turn a few heads!!

Thanks for your help.
        CD

Comment

Good luck with the project and keep us in the loop with your progress.
          We like pictures.

Comment

No problem welcome to the forums
            Regards

Comment

I will try to help.
              There are only 5 important wires all passing thru your igniter. Two of these go to the pulsar coil. One is gound (connect to your A1 terminal of the starter gen). The other two go to the ignition coil. One of them directly but the other passes thru one terminal (small) of the solenoid. (In the stock Yamaha G2, there are two small terminals: 1 should be connected to ground-negative battery or A1 starter and the other to a live connection passing through the key switch and pedal microswitch).

Forget about the other 2 small wires from the igniter; just for accesories).

I hope that this helps. Let us know if you have corrected your problem.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X