Golf cart won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf cart won't start

Hello everyone my name is Ryan. My grandpa's Yamaha cart will not start. He told me that he checked the fuses and that he replaced the coil and spark ignitor. His battery is pulling the correct amps he says. He has checked his fuel and he tells me that it is flowing fine. What are your thoughts? I have seen things about solenoids going bad, where is it located and how do you test it? He told me he believes the model# is JG5401331. Thanks guys.

Welcome to the forums! You have a 1995 yamaha G9. First make sure you have a good charged battery installed, that the terminals are tight and clean and that they are on in the correct polarity. Then tell me what it is doing. Does it make any noises, does it attempt to start, does it click, does it click more than once?
    Regards

Comment

The battery is fully charged and it is not making any noise at all. My grandpa tells me that everything is snug and tight from a connection stand point. Thank you for getting back to me also.

Comment

Ok, and as you said before all the fuses were OK. Now take a 6 gage jumper cable and run it across the 2 large terminals on the solenoid to jump it. If it cranks you need to replace the solenoid.
        Regards

Comment

Matti,
          Where is the solenoid located on this model? My grandpa said that it died on him one evening 3 weeks ago and that he left it sit over night. The next morning he went out and it fired right up and it run up until Monday. Now it will not start.

Comment

Trace where the main positive (+) goes from your battery and to where. Where it goes is the solenoid. Riding around and having the cart just die can be many things, either the solenoid went or you have a loose or dirty connection somewhere.
            Regards

Comment

You did not get back for some feedback. Hope your cart is now running fine. Anyway, ensure that the battery negative is connected directly to your starter A1 terminal. Firmly connected.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X