G1 Solenoid or wiring issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G1 Solenoid or wiring issue

I have had my starter/generator repaired and replaced one bad solenoid with a replacement aftermarket solenoid. My problem;
    After I hook everythng up, when I place the battery negative cable on everything is energized. The key is turned off but the starter /generator cranks at full speed. The unit does not start, I assume because the key is still off an the gas pedal is not depressed. Looking for some direction. I replaced all the wiring exactly like I removed it. Or so I think! Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

Hello, either it is a wiring issue, or your solenoid is stuck open. Here's a wiring diagram for you to go over your connections, please trace your wires carefully http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...g-diagram.html
    Regards

Comment

Thanks Matti,

I wired it wrong. I guess it helps when you read the directions carefully. the aftermarket solenoid has a little paper inside that says it needs to be wired with both open ends together, which looks backwards as it sits on the cart.

Comment

Posted earlier by crazyned View Post
        Thanks Matti,

I wired it wrong. I guess it helps when you read the directions carefully. the aftermarket solenoid has a little paper inside that says it needs to be wired with both open ends together, which looks backwards as it sits on the cart.
        Great, glad you got it all fixed up
        Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X