yamaha g14em batteries and diode ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha g14em batteries and diode ?

i just picked up a yamaha g14e and i am trying to get it going to use as a pit car at the drag strip, it does not have either diode for the harness can i build a diode to get by what size should i get at radioshack?
    also this is supposed to be a 36v car and it came with 6 trojan batteries all intacked and i checked the charged voltage and each was at about 8.4v which added up to 50volts should i remove 2 of the batteries to get it down to 37-38 volts, everything else appears to be 36volt.

I don't know the specs on the diode, but just give your local yamaha golf cart dealer a call and ask them for the specs. On the batteries, you are looking at a perfectly charged set of 6 volt batteries. That is the correct voltage for them to be at after a full charge. Around 8.2 - 8.4 volts each.
    Regards

Comment

i looked up the numbers on the trojan batteries in the cart and they are a
      T-875 which are listed as 8volt batteries,

Comment

How long has the golf cart been sitting uncharged? Because 8 volt batteries will read a little over 10 volts each when straight off the charger. If they are reading what you are saying, they will not be holding a charge very long when under load.

By the way, the more batteries you remove, the less run time you will get.

It is hard from my perspective to see your circumstances, like.. are you sure it is a G14? and What the previous owner did to it before you purchased it.
        Regards

Comment

Comment

Posted earlier by Troleytop View Post
            ?
            Regards

Comment

Posted earlier by Matti View Post
              ?
              Me thinks he was trying to get to 5 posts because he posted up a thank you for the diagram earlier. At least he was reading stuff.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X