1998 Yamaha G16ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 Yamaha G16ES

Bought at garage sale, cheap owner got hung up on a stump 3 years ago once off it would no longer run, has been setting in weeds all that time.
    It is now all over the yard, porch & dining room table, nothing to taking a Yamaha to pieces. Have cleaned all connections and replaced batteries, cables and solenoid. Motor will operate when it is jumped, most switches activate as should except the ones in the wiring harness that goes into the controller, they read voltage, if they are grounded. There are 2 diodes both are the same and are good, diode(B)reads 38 volts. Diode(A) I can jump across and it reads, using the volt meter it reads without the diode in. Once I put the diode in I get a reading of .3 key on .7 acc depressed in both F/B. This diode goes to the solenoid but also the same wire goes to a switch I have to jump across. Any ideas????
    Dumblonde

You answered almost everything, but what does it do now when you press the gas. Anything? does it click? Does it move at all? By the way, check the pedal switch under the gas pedal and see if it is all in tact.
    Regards

Comment

Key off have .2-3 at switch, key on voltage at acc switch is 37.6 volts, I depress the pedal the soleniod clicks and the voltage at the solenied goes to 36+, the voltage at the pedal then drops to .1.
      So far nothing I have done makes the cart go, everything looks like it needs a ground to operate and that must be coming out of the controller. All switches show voltage when I ground them to a neg post. If I touch the ground side of the controller to either post on the other side, I have 36+ volts. Is there a way to bypass the controller to make the cart run?
      Dumblonde

Comment

g16e controller can be jumped off, but raise one wheel and hit acc pedal while you jump off the controller. motor ground to controller ground and hit the gas.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X