Charging very low batteries...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging very low batteries...

I have a 36 volt cart that has been in storage for a while. The charge is low enough that I need to charge with a car charger first to get the charge up high enough so that the cart charger will work.

Question - can I charge more than one battery with the car charger at once to save time? Standard car is 12V so can I say charge two 6v batteries at a time since they are in series...i.e. 12v total?!?

Thanks

Hi slattimer, It is better to charge them individually, since you can keep an eye on them and not overcharge. Charge each for about 25 minutes.
    Regards

Comment

tx for your assistance!

Comment

My batteries appear to be on their last leg and will not hold a charge for a long period of time. I am giving the cart to someone that is going to do some modifications/customization and want it at least running before I give it to him.

I really didn't plan on putting $600+ into it for new batteries however I have heard on several info boards referring to 'rebuilt batteries' at a decent cost....

Anyone have an idea where I would look to purchase 'rebuilt batteries'...?!? tx (I am in Indianapolis, IN Area)

Comment

I don't have an experience with them, but if they are significantly cheaper than go for it. You can usually get a set of new batteries for about $400 by the way. This time, make sure you keep them charged when in storage. Here is a small article on that http://www.golfcart-forums.com/quest...g-storage.html
          Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X