new cart having problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new cart having problems!

Just purchused a 2001 yamaha electric g16e . I was riding it the other day with a friend on his land, just easying around and it suddenlly stops , wait a minute and it starts back up,I've found as long as I'm going fast or at full throttle it doesn't stop. I was told that the controller may be getting hot and going through thermal shutdown and the controller may need replacing, if it is what type of controller should I buy.The cart has a lift and 23/10/10 tires, also could I install a electric fan on the controller to correct this problem? The cart is 36 volt ,should upgrade to 48 if I have to replace the controller? I know I'm asking alot, any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

Sounds like you're dealing with an electrical issue there. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and diagnose the problem:

First, wire an analog voltmeter to the batteries and monitor the voltage when the cart cuts off. It should hold steady at 36 volts. If you notice the voltage dropping, it could indicate corrosion on one or more of your battery contacts or a dead cell.

Next, pay attention to the solenoid when the cart cuts out. Try pushing the accelerator pedal on and off and listen for the solenoid click. If you hear the click but the cart remains cut off, it suggests that the ignition switch, stop switch, and solenoid are functioning properly. However, if you don't hear the click, it's likely an issue with the stop switch. Finally, considering the symptoms you've described it's possible that the controller may indeed be overheating and going into thermal shutdown. If this is the case, you might need to replace the controller. Given that your cart has a lift and larger tires, you'll want to choose a controller that can handle the increased load and demands of your modified setup.

If you decide to replace the controller, make sure to opt for one that is compatible with your Yamaha G16E electric cart and suitable for use with your lift and tire configuration. For stock performance, the Alltrax SR48300 controller would be a suitable choice. However, given that your cart has a lift and larger tires (23/10/10), you may want to go for a controller with higher performance capabilities to accommodate these modifications. In that case, the Alltrax SR48400 or SR48500 controllers would be more appropriate.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X