'97 G16E - charging problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '97 G16E - charging problem

I have a '97 G16E that has been in storage a couple years. Did the basic checkout, topped off the batteries, etc...

When I check to see if it would go it does not however when I switch it to reverse I get a somewhat strong reverse 'buzz' horn. Since it has been sitting I assumed the batteries were well down and hooked up the charger. I get nothing.... No reading on the charger meter, no humm, no click, nothing....

Since I get the reverse horn it obviously has some charge (I do not get any movement forward or back) so I assume my electric circuit is in tacked....

I am looking for suggestions....tx

I forgot to mention, I also checked the voltage across the entire battery package and it is reading about 12 volts (36v cart). From what I have read on some posts....is it true that the charger will not activate if the charge is really low?

Comment

Unfortunately if it was sitting for a few years with out being charged your batteries are no good. Right now, the battery reading is so low that the charger is not detecting them. To charge them up, you must individually charge each battery to about 6 volts each. But like I said, if they were not charged for a few years you will have low power and not much run time.
      Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X