Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forward for only a few seconds

Greetings

Newbie here who needs some help with his first electric golf cart.

A Yamaha golf cart was donated to me, supposedly in working condition except from some tired batteries.
    I believe it is from around 2013 and is a model Drive. It has forward/reverse switch on the "dash" just in front of the cup holders.
    The plate with model and serial number is under the seat, but worn to a point where not a single letter or number can be read.

I installed 4 new batteries, Trojan T1275, cleaned the crud of the cables and thought it was ready to go.
    When I first hooked up the batteries I heard a relay clicking about 4-5 times.
    I jumped in and turned the key, switch in forward, and hit the pedal.
    It went forward for a couple of seconds, then I switched to reverse, trying to maneuver out of a tight spot.
    When I cleared the obstacles I went forward for a few seconds, and I heard a relay click, and power was lost.
    Switching to reverse worked fine, but going forward again lasted only a second or two, and I hear a relay drop again.

After each time the relay drops I have to wait several seconds with the key in off position before I can turn it on and get another second or two of forward motion.

Does anyone here have any idea what is going on with this possessed cart?

I did learn that I have to disable that annoying reverse buzzer.

Thanks for any help or advice!

Claus
Please log in or Sign Up to reply to this thread

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X