cart wont charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cart wont charge

I recently bought a 2005 G22E. I used it for month or two and had no problems but today went to get it out of the garage and it was dead. I hooked up my charger but it won't charge. I have now read that I should have set it to tow before storing (maybe 20 days). I have read that if the batteries are too low the charger will not know that it it plugged in. The lights on the charger flash but it will not start charging. The batteries are new. Please help me and give me any other tips I should know about my new cart.

If you stored it for around 20 days, your batteries should still be fine (just really discharged). What is going on here is that the battery level is too low for the charger to read, so you are correct. You will have to remove each battery and use a car battery charger to charge them individually (write down or take a picture of the way the wires are hooked up beforehand). Once they are over 75% charged, you can hook them back up and your charger will work fine
    Regards

Comment

How do you set it to tow???? I have a '97 G16E and am wondering if it has a similar feature....

Comment

Tow switches are on carts that charge when you let off the gas (regen cart). The switch is a large switch that is not hidden, and it is under the seat usually near the controller and will say RUN/TOW on it. All it does is disengage the regen braking system so you can tow the cart when needed with out damaging the motor or controller.
        Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X