volt meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• volt meter

adding volt meter can i tap this off the key switch or should it run right off the batteries?

Hi rredwine, long time no see! Hook it to the same terminals on the battery that the charger plug goes to. Is it digital or analog?
    Regards

Comment

analog

Comment

will it drain on the batteries when parked

Comment

Posted earlier by rredwine View Post
          will it drain on the batteries when parked
          Yes, VERY small increments. The digitals have a 3rd prong that can be wired through the key switch to shut off when the key is in the 'off' position.
          Regards

Comment

I have a Yama g9 that I bought used,Ive lost about all the power after useing it about a year,the prevous owner said the batteries are probally 5 years old now and they should be still good.Ive charged them and they read 36 volts,should I replace the batteries or is there something else I should do before spending that amount of cash???And Thanks in advace this looks like a cool site by reading the other threads,Looks really helpfull.1siebold

Comment

Posted earlier by 1siebold View Post
              I have a Yama g9 that I bought used,Ive lost about all the power after useing it about a year,the prevous owner said the batteries are probally 5 years old now and they should be still good.Ive charged them and they read 36 volts,should I replace the batteries or is there something else I should do before spending that amount of cash???And Thanks in advace this looks like a cool site by reading the other threads,Looks really helpfull.1siebold
              Hi and welcome here. By lost all power, do you mean that it does not hold a charge for long, or that it does absolutely nothing when you press the gas? If it is not holding the charge and you estimate that the batteries are around 5 years old then yes replace them. A normal lifespan for good Trojan batteries is about 3-4 years.
              Regards

Comment

I relaced the batteries and Im up and running,Now im thinking of replacing all the cables,and probally going to go with a heaver gage wire.Do you think this will help any? and also I have noticed the 36vlt charger dosnt have a timer on it and it runs constantly.Think I need to put a wall timer on it and set it to what? 8 hrs? Thanks for the help!

Comment

Well usually the chargers will go off automatically when they reach a voltage. But if for some reason yours does not, for a 36v cart turn it off when the pack reaches around 50 volts, or 8.2 volts per battery.
                  Regards

Comment

Larger cables will give you a better reaction time, but if the current cables are all dirty and stuff then you may notice a slightly larger improvement.
                    Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    X