Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36v runtime ?

36v what is average runtime ?
    Updated by rredwine; October 9, 2008, 05:10 PM.

1.75 hours
    Regards

Comment

what can i do to get more run time

Comment

You can convert it to 48 volts by adding 2 more batteries, you will need to purchase a new controller though.
        Regards

Comment

Can you over charge the batteries? The reason I ask is because the first time I charged it once it run for about 20 min. and went dead. The next time i charged it about two and a half times it run twice as long and felt like it had a lot more power. When I parked it still had power. Should I keep charging it and how do I know it is fully charged?

Comment

Well you could run a full charge and then test the batteries with a volt meter to make sure each one has 6 volts, you might have a dead cell. How old are the batteries?
            Regards

Comment

The first time I ran full charge it showed 36 volts on the meter it ran for about 20 min. and then went dead. The second time I ran the charger two and a half times the cart ran so much better and lasted a lot longer and still had charge when I parked it. Then I checked it with the volt meter it showed 28 volts. When I bought the cart it came with five of the batteries, I charged them individually and they all showed six volts. I bought the sixth one as a recondition battery.

Comment

If any of the batteries fully discharged, they can be damaged. What was each battery showing after a standard charge? Also, when you chareged them individually, how long did they last?
                Regards

Comment

Posted earlier by Matti View Post
                  If any of the batteries fully discharged, they can be damaged. What was each battery showing after a standard charge? Also, when you chareged them individually, how long did they last?
                  after a standerd charge i checked the whole set at 37v after individually charge i did not check i had just got it running drove it a little bit then did standerd charge charge it last night and about half way this morning drove it for at least a hour or more still read 28v when i parked it

Comment

How old did you say the rest of the batteries were, besides the one you replaced? Whats the condiditon on all the cables, are your posts clean? This can all effect your runtime.
                    Regards

Comment

dont know how old they are not marked runtime probably not to bad to what you said it should be. where should the volts be when ready to charge ? where should they be at full charge ? how long should it take to charge ? every thing is clean and tight and in good shape
                      Updated by rredwine; October 12, 2008, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Your fully charged battery pack should read around 37.5 volts. Fully charge the batteries and ride the cart like you always do for 30 minutes, park it and jack up the rear end and step on the pedal and test the voltage on the batteries. If you see one drop .5 volts over the others you have a bad battery.

The volts will drop about 20% when ready to charge. Fully charged at around 37.5 volts. Your cart can take about 7-9 hours to charge.
                        Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        X