Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

97 yamaha g16 need wiring help

Collapse
This is a sticky topic. Sticky topics are carefully selected for their exceptional quality and relevance. These topics stand out for providing valuable insights, comprehensive information, and expert guidance on the subject matter. When you see this message, you're accessing top tier content that has been curated to deliver the most relevant and insightful information available.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 yamaha g16 need wiring help

need to know where each of the 3 wires coming off controller lugs gose to

Do they show it in the wiring diagram?
    Regards

Comment

no

Comment

i think one goes to the motor two goes to the ground side of battery but dont know which one goes where on the controller

Comment

Do you know what color the wires are?
          Regards

Comment

one is red two is black

Comment

I have outlined the 3 wires coming off the controller in red.
              Attached Files
              Regards

Comment

i have this diagram but im having a hard time understanding it on my cart the controllers mounted right below the f/r switch on the drivers side i have three lugs sticking out of the controller what im trying to figure out is where each wire goes from each lug. Thanks for helping me

Comment

If you can get me a picture of the part you are talking about maybe it can make it easier?
                  Regards

Comment

[ATTACH]81[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]82[/ATTACH]

Comment

Posted earlier by rredwine View Post
                      [ATTACH]81[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]82[/ATTACH]
                      If you follow those wires, do they lead you to the throttle sensor? I see them color coded blue white and green, which is the same code for the wires that connect to the throttle sensor.
                      Regards

Comment

to be honest im new to the golf cart thing this may be the throttle sensor the wires going to it with a white band green band and yellow band they were unhooked when i got the golf cart it appears one goes under the cart to the motor the other two may go to the other side of the battery... i dont know and if i have them on the right lug and where the other two go

Comment

Im going to check into it further, I am guessing the cart is not doing any noises or moving when you press the gas?
                          Regards

Comment

no the carts not moving at all if i jump across the cellinoid it jumps a little bit

Comment

Posted earlier by rredwine View Post
                              no the carts not moving at all if i jump across the cellinoid it jumps a little bit
                              Are your batteries charged? Clean the posts on the solenoid and try again, if it is not working on its own, jump the solenoid, if it works you need a new solenoid.
                              Regards

Comment

i,m not sure the three cables coming of the controler are in the right place. some one has removed these untill these are in the right place i cant see the cart moving. batteries are good all cables are good. i have no power to the key switch or to the switch behind the pedal. i do have power to the reverse buzzer i have some other thing to check but dont think i can be sure untill all wiring is in the right place.

Comment

Ok ill let you know on the solenoid wiring.

edit: controller wiring
                                  Regards

Comment

made a drawing to try to help. if i am reading the diagram right one cable coming from the motor (a2) goes on one of these lugs. one from the neg. side of the battery. one from the f/r switch the same place a cable comes from the selenoid. correct me if i am wrong. the drawing show these lugs 1,2,3 which one goes where i dont know hope this helps thanks for all the help controller.bmp

Comment

update now have power to the key switch and the foot pedal switch tested an in working condition also tested coleniod and it is good

Comment

So it runs good?
                                        Regards

Comment

off and running

Comment

Glad to hear it
                                            Regards

Comment

SO how do I jump the solenoid? I am having similar problems and trying to figure if it is the batteries or controller or solenoid.

Comment

Posted earlier by fitzmatt View Post
                                                SO how do I jump the solenoid? I am having similar problems and trying to figure if it is the batteries or controller or solenoid.
                                                On the solenoid, you will see 2 larger posts with wires connecting to them. Take a jumper cable and run it from one large post to the other large post, if the cart runs the solenoid is bad.
                                                Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                                X