'97 G16E Bucking on Forward and Reverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '97 G16E Bucking on Forward and Reverse

Thanks in advance for any help, I am chasing down an issue with my cart, bucking on initial forward and reverse, I do have the only cart at the campground that can spin the tires, but it needs fixing.
    I bought the cart, with no batteries, dropped in 6 T-105 Trojans, sent the controller off to FSIP for rebuilding, just replaced the throttle sensor, still the cart bucks on take off, going to try the diodes next, but it seems to me the throttle sensor is where the resistance comes into play on the amount of power that goes to the motor, something is allowing all the juice at once to flow to the motor when the stop switch is released.
    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, FSIP tests all their products before they leave the site, so I cant see the controller being the issue here,
    Thanks

Rick

Hi Rick are you a dealer or who did you buy the controller through I thought FSIP did not deal with individuals.
    now what controller are we talking about

Comment

I know that it is not a curtis, other than that, I assume its the factory controller that came with the cart in '97. I am an individual, FSIP will set up an account for individuals now. RP79-YJN4-03 is all I know.
      Do you think the controller may be the issue on this? I was thinking on calling FSIP today and see if they may have any knowledge of the abrupt take offs.

Comment

you did not say if it drives normally once started or if its all the way on or off only. they would be a good place to start but I agree with you it does sound like throttle problem has any wiring been changed and was this the controller that was originally in the cart.

Comment

the cart does drive fine once it gets past the initial start, it does have a very distinct click from the solonoid each time the power is engaged, but as mentioned there is no slowing down or speed adjustment at all, its full power the whole time the pedal is active, so I have to completely remove my foot from the pedal to slow down, there is no varying degree of speed. I cannot be certain, if FSIP rebuilt the one I sent them or they gave me another controller they had done, so I am leaning to calling them today to follow-up on that controller, as the throttle sensor feeds straight into it and then the controller activates the motor. The wiring appears to be all the same, I have had the cart only a month, with no knowledge of the history on it, but I do not see any signs that the wiring has been modified in any way.
          Thanks for the responses, and the help

Rick

Comment

you really need to follow the two or three wires to the controller from the footswitch and do a resistance check there at the controller to make sure that you're changing resistance.

Comment

FSIP contacted me back, they want me to check that very same thing, even though its brand new, if the resistance is there to send the controller back to them for repair, says there is really no way for me to measure anything on the controller to test it.
              I will follow back up here to let you know what happens,

Rick

Comment

Replaced Diodes, same issue is still there, throttle sensor tested properly with Wh to Green as 0ohms, and rises as peddle is pushed, White to Blue, starts high ohms and goes low as peddle is pushed, I contacted FSIP, and have shipped the controller back for them to test out. Will keep you posted on results, when I get the controller back.

Comment

Second try on the controller and still same issue, did find that one of the terminals on the motor would wiggle and rotate, took the motor out and saw inside where the therminal had twisted all the way around, and pieces were broken off in the motor, not sure if this would cause the one speed issue, but am looking into sending to CTS for a reman.

Comment

After a new reman motor from CTS, I still have the same issue, FSIP is going to replace the controller again, but this time an upgraded one, 500amp I am told, they think the old motor was shorting to ground and knocking out the controller at start up, really seems to me that some form of protection should have been built in from controller to motor, will post again after I install the controller for the 4th time, btw, I just bought a '97 electric Club car, this Yamaha seems like its going to become a project cart,

Comment

Posted earlier by RDMG16E View Post
                      After a new reman motor from CTS, I still have the same issue, FSIP is going to replace the controller again, but this time an upgraded one, 500amp I am told, they think the old motor was shorting to ground and knocking out the controller at start up, really seems to me that some form of protection should have been built in from controller to motor, will post again after I install the controller for the 4th time, btw, I just bought a '97 electric Club car,

this Yamaha seems like its going to become a project cart,
                      there is no seems like about it, It has already become a project you just don't know it yet
                      keep us posted I would like to know how it turns out and yes these things could be possible. Is this a stock motor or high output?

Comment

stock motor, but I am told I can dial down the amperage on the controller, they seem to think it will be fine with the motor as is, but I will not take any chances on that one,,,

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        X