verifying bad solinoid 1997 Yahama G19E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• verifying bad solinoid 1997 Yahama G19E

My cart suddenly would not leave the barn one morning. All the batteries tested well at 8.3 volts. All the connections were clean as I take extra good care of the batteries $$. I noticed I was no longer hearing the solinoid click and the reverse switch doesn't always buzz. I replaced all the batteries since they were over six years old......nothing changed, no go. After reading forums I today checked across the small terminals on the solinoid and got the full 48 plus volts and still no clicking. I'm looking for assurance that I should replace the solinoid with no further tests. Besides the buzzer not working I noticed the charger reads incomplete. Could that be caused by the solinoid? I tried the charger on another cart identical to mine and the charger worked. I have checked and rechecked the cable conections and they are correct, I read over 50 volts across all the batteries in series. Please let me know your thoughts.
    Jerry

Jerry: I have the same cart and had the same issue at one time. Though I now have another issue, I replaced the solonoid at a cost of about $90.00 and it solved the problem. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks, I replaced my solenoid today and it solved my problem. My charger was still showing incomplete when I left but I hope it will correct itself after a few discharges and charges on my new batteries

Comment

My cart is running only at a very slow speed. I have to push just a little bit in order for it to move forward. If i depress the pedal all the way, it will lurch forward or backward for a bout a few inches and then stop abruptly. Would this be a solenoid issue? Thanks.

Comment

Probably not, more likely batteries and or poor connections. What is your battery voltage? Check each battery voltage and the entire string.

Comment

Posted earlier by Larry1950 View Post
            Probably not, more likely batteries and or poor connections. What is your battery voltage? Check each battery voltage and the entire string.
            I think larry nailed it with this answer put you meter on the pack and push the pedal if voltage drops real low bad battery if voltage does not drop at all something after the batteries.

Comment

Thanks, Larry and Gaminde! I will check further. If you have anything more that you think would help please post it. I will be monitoring this thread. Meanwhile, I will check all the connections and get a new tester.

Comment

Need to start at the batteries. Post the voltage of each battery and the entire string. Then go from there. Its possible it is something else, but start with the basics.
                This is also very handy. http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...batteries.html

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X