G-19 48 V goes dead when horn is blown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-19 48 V goes dead when horn is blown

I put a 48 Volt horn on this cart. Wired directly to the batteries (48 Volts). When riding along all is well until the horn is used. The cart comes to a complete stop. The only way to get it to reset is to remove the cart's main fuse, wait a few minutes and reinsert the fuse. Then the cart runs fine until the horn is used again. The horn checks out and is not shorting out or grounding to the chassis. It seems like something in the cart's electronic package cuts out until the power is reset by pulling the fuse or disconnecting one of the battery terminals. Any suggestions??

Hello martinm

If you checked all the wires and they are OK....... Chances are you have it wired up wrong.
    Updated by VUCACART; February 4, 2008, 09:27 PM.
    "It's not just a sport, it's in your blood."

Comment

G-19 48 V goes dead when horn is blown

All the wiring is correct otherwise it would happen immediately. No fuses are blowing so there appears to be no short circuit. I can drive maybe 1/4 mile blowing the horn and then all of a sudden the cart goes dead. I remove the main cart fuse and wait about 1 minute, I hear a slight click in the electronic package of the cart when I reinsert the fuse. I am then back in business unit I blown the horn again. Otherwise without blowing the horn the cart keeps going and going.

Any ideas as to what is going on in the electronics package of the cart??

Thanks,

Comment

This quite possibly can be several problems.......................First, just out of curiosity how old are your batteries? Second (I am going to take your word that you checked each terminal and made sure they were tight and clean) Run a test on each individual battery when the cart is fully charged. You could have a bad cell which would make the cart die out under load (when blowing the horn)
        "It's not just a sport, it's in your blood."

Comment

Martin- solet me get this straight.. the horn works, but sometimes the cart will die when you beep? When it dies, did you try jumping the solenoid?

Comment

I have not had to jump the solenoid to get it going. All I have to do is flip the "tow" swithch or remove the 3 amp fuse for a few seconds. When I do this there is a click coming from the silver electronic box, which sounds like something is resetting.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X