Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha electric

Hi, I am new to the forum.

I have worked on Club Car brakes which have the two shoes in each rear wheel, but some of my friends have late model Yamaha golf carts, which have no brakes in the wheels, I understand from reading forum topics that the brake is in the differential.

One of my friends had what he thought was a brake squeal noise, and it turned out to be relative motion between the axle tube and the axle shaft. The tube is just a simple tube between the inner race of the differential end axle bearing, and the wheel end hub. Is that tube supposed to be trapped by a high torque on the wheel end axle shaft nut, such that it rotates integral to the axle shaft, or is it just a spacer and that outer nut should just be snug and allow relative rotation between the the axle shaft and that tube?

The way it was when I looked at it was loose enough that there was relative rotation between the shaft and the tube, but I am thinking that maybe that should be tightened up enough to stop relative motion, and use that tube as part of the axle structure, since it looks like it locks against the differential end bearing inner race. It's a castle nut with a cotter pin. Sharing any knowledge of this area of the cart will be helpful.

Our company produce the lithium battery for Golf-cart,E-bike,E-scooter etc,more than 9 years in China.We can offer very great price at first-class quality.
    Our 12V17Ah LiFePO4 battery replaced SLA battery in same case for golf-cart,It's very convenience to use it.

The most remarkable advantages of large format lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) compare with SLA are listed as below:
    A. The cycle life of LiFePO4 is more than 1000 times.but the SLA is 300 times.
    B. The Gravimetric energy density (Wh/kg) and volumetric energy density (Wh/L) of LiFePO4 is about 3-4 times of SLA.
    C. But for the weight and Size comparison for the same capacity,the LiFePO4 is just 1/3 of SLA.

There are many other models with different style are available.

Sophia

Sales Manager(International Sales Dept 2nd)
    Vaima Battery Industrial Co,LTD
    www.vaima.com.cn
    Tel: 86-755-23937015 Mobile:86-13691690496
    Fax: 86-755-61640782
    Email:sophia@vaima.cn
    Email:vmbattery.sophia@gmail.com
    MSN:sophia8899@hotmail.com

Comment

My 2010 had that problem. They re-torqued the transaxle spacers. You are on the right track but I don't know if there is a specific torque value required.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X