Charging issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging issues

I don't know if anyone will have the answer to this or not; I have a 2004 Yamaha electric golf cart that recently started acting up with the charging system. I had the batteries replaced a couple months ago....then I was told that there was a ground short and it burnt out the batteries. So, new batteries and supposedly fixed the ground short. Now, when I hook up my charger, it does not show charging it just shows INCOMPLETE. Anyone have a clue? My charger is a MAC SCR series fully automatic 48 volt.

Thanks.

does the cart still run? if so they had some problems with those chargers (silver and flat ?)

Comment

A ground short that burned out the batteries?? If the positive of the batteries were shorted to ground you would know it by overheating the batteries and wiring. A high resistance to ground would just discharge the batteries. Sounds like charger problem. User manual in case you don't have one. http://www.macmc.com/literature/scr.pdf

Comment

Good response Mendy I will read over the material one day. I just love manuals and technical material.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X