Controller technical question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controller technical question

I can't find an internal schematic for the controller on my 2010 Yamaha Drive YDRE. My specific concern is the control of the solonoid. The throttle position sendor sends info to the PC board in the controller and in turn actuates the solonoid. It seems to keep the solonoid engaged until I come to a complete stop unlike the system in the 2001 Club Car I had. Does anyone have a schematic or has knowledge of how it works?

What G number are we looking at (model number)

Comment

Ok I will look this over but it sounds correct to me.

sorry i did not see the model the first read (doh)
      Attached Files

Comment

I have an 06 club car the solenoid is actually activated by a switch in the mcor through the controller and OBC the controller does not deactivate the solenoid until I come to a complete stop. This gives you the 2 types of breaking.

Comment

That's what I thought. The other day, I could hear the solonoid activate much more than it ever had. Also had sort of a skip when accelerating. The motor (high torque) has been replaced and it is O.K. now. I've been in electronics for over 50 years and wanted to see a diagram of the PC board to see how they do it. Seems like the regen output from the motor tells the computer to not release the solonoid until at a full stop.

Comment

Well one of two thing the speed sensor or measuring output of the braking system, Guess if you unplug the speed sensor on the motor and the solenoid shuts off before you come to a stop we will know the answer. So maybe you had a bad speed sensor???

Also a schematic of the controller may not help you. I can guess whats there for inputs, but its the logic on the controller chip that your questioning, maybe the manual or testing of other known good units and a little thought process may get you the answer your looking for.
            Updated by gaminde; May 10, 2012, 02:39 PM.

Comment

The controller gets input from the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor), Accel. switch along with tach feedback from the motor. When you turn on the cart, the solonoin will engage and then disengage. This is sort of a self test. When you depress the pedal the solonoid then engages and the speed is then controlled by the pedal position. The solonoid will not disengage until the cart has come to a complete stop. Any erratic solonoid operation or abnormal (higher) speed is a sign that something is happening in the motor.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X